Monday 28 January 2008

Woodland Fungi




This is just a small selection of the Fungi to be found in this woodland. It was my first time here but I've told Tom that we need to get back here throughout the year. The floor was carpeted in leaf litter which is still now crisp and red. This is different from other woodlands and I think it as a lot to do with the big old Beech trees. I hope you have enjoyed this series of picture from Pole Bank woods... I enjoyed walking there and taking the pictures.

10 comments:

imac said...

Yet again Pete, grand shots you have there.

Patty said...

I've tried posting a comment several times this evening, I think they must be having a problem. I will try again. Beautiful photos of the fungi. I didn't realize it could be so colorful. Almost looks like flowers. Thanks for sharing.

dot said...

That first one especially looks like a beautfiul flower. I've never seen such as that over here.

alicesg said...

Those mushrooms are so beautiful but not sure if they are safe to eat. Am so glad Tom and you have a fun time in the woods and thanks so much for sharing your fun in the woods with us. :)

Jeevan said...

There was a cute fungi in the first shot!!

DeeMom said...

Peter sounds like an awesome place to walk. For certain your pictures show the beauty of the land there…

Andree said...

I especially like the frilly-looking fungus in the last photo. It must be fascinating to walk there.

Kerri Farley said...

Wow.....these are magnificent!!!

Marvin said...

Love those fungi. Great work, Peter.

Suzi-k said...

really love the woodland shots.