Monday 3 March 2008

My Sightings

All these put us to shame, here I and my friend had stopped as the walk up the hill had taken its toll. This group had kept up with us all the way, but a bit further back from us. They posed for this shot, excepted my thanks and praise and off they went, leaving us in awe.


Meet my good friend and walking companion David.. resting here and taking in the views. I have been up hill and down dale with this chap. A great dog man who kept sight hounds for hunting from an early age. David like so many now hunts with only the camera.

My dog 'Defor' ever watchful, and ever ready to go whereever I go. I now leave him with Tom and Jane at certain times and he likes nothing better than curling up near Tom and then breaking wind. To see and hear Tom when he dose this is very amusing. I cannot say here what Tom then calls him, but it is certainly not Defor. Jane just shoos him out and get the Air Freshener. Tom says that in years to come he will think back and say about Defor.. " he was a great Dog Peter, but by heck he could fart".

These are my favourite kind of views, looking back at the houses below as I make my way over to the moors. Leaving the streets and houses behind for the openness of the hills. No sounds, sights or smells of traffic just the distance views of the smog which seems to hang over the town and city centres all the time now. To be up above breathing the fresh air is a true joy... and it is of course free to all who can make it up here.

9 comments:

DeeMom said...

Amazing the group you took a picture of, how neat
Hello David
Defor ~~~ breaking wind? YIKES & Mercy me

Patty said...

How nice that Defor gets to stay with Tom and Jane sometimes. I can only imagine what Tom says. LOL. We have had as many at three dogs in doors at one time and yes, the smell can get pretty bad at times, but then with one husband and at that time four kids in the house, I wasn't always sure it was the dogs, although they were always blamed. LOL.

Looks like the senior group was keeping up with you and your friend.

alicesg said...

Hahaha, you are right about the older folks putting us in shame. I was way back behind a group of eldery locals climbing The Great Wall of China, I almost fainted...hehehe...no joke climbing that wall during summer.

Tom said...

Defor IS a great dog and he is welcome at my fireside anytime... but I insist Peter now brings a CORK.. ha!
Great set of pictures Peter.
Nice to see David making an appearance on your blog. He is a great chap to know, walk and talk to. His knowledge of dogs and the countryside is always great to listen to.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post, Peter. I like each of the pictures, especially your dog and his story. LOL

I am glad he gets attention from Tom and Jane too. He looks like a special friend to me but then I love dogs and think the world would be a better place if there were more dogs around and fewer people. LOL

Take care and have a good walk with Defor.

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful View!! I'm sure Tom wishes for that Fresh Air when Defor is doing his thing :)

And that is GREAT shot of your walking friend!

imac said...

Nice set of photos Pete, also looks a nice set of folks showing you and ol Wommy hows it done ha.

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful views. I also hope I can keep walking when I get that age.

Suzi-k said...

hehe, seems like Max's nickname (Mr Farty) should be shared with Defor! love that bottom pic, the dark tree framing the view is great