Monday 5 May 2008

Lowland Views


Once off the moors the walk back to the car takes us pass farms and farm buildings. The young lambs in the these parts are prone to getting caught out in bad weather, the shepherds fit them with waterproof fleece coats to help keep the cold and rain at bay. They are also numbered as is their mother.

This is a working farm with cattle and sheep, it also has a small building exhibiting wood carving and wood craft. It was for sale. The place also had leaflets about the villages and the moors.

I thought this was very good, behind each door is a small painting of the local wildlife. I always admire other peoples artwork and it inspires me in my painting and drawings.

No deed for a nice warm fleece for this lamb, this lives in a field next to the farm buildings and was one of a few that are most likely orphaned and being hand reared by the farmer and his family. Last pictures from this walk tomorrow and then I can show off a Heron I was lucky to capture on camera.

7 comments:

imac said...

Great walk and collection of photos Pete.

FO - 2 said...

Great views from Lowland. The coats looks becoming on the lambs. ;)

Rose said...

Oh, wow! That first picture is a stunner as well as the one looking down the road. I would just love to be able to walk into the photos.

Rose said...

I mean the one looking down the road/lane between the buildings on the working farm...

Pat - Arkansas said...

I am greatly enjoying your photographs and commentary. I've only recently discovered your blog site and have some catching up to do. Your scenic photographs are lovely and sometimes breath-taking. The photo that caught my eye today, however, was the two lambs in orange overcoats. Charming!

dot said...

Great pictures Pete! The little lambs are so cute.

lv2scpbk said...

I really like the pictures of the lambs. It nice of the owners to give them a rain coat. Love it.