Monday 18 February 2008

Game Keeper Lee


I would like you to meet my good friend Lee

Lee is a Game Keeper, and lives many miles away from me in a stunning place near Tarland in Scotland.


From an early age Lee was interest in nature and wildlife, when the chance came to follow up this interest he jumped at the chance and I don't think he as looked back since.





These are some of the views Lee sees one a daily basis while going about his job as a game keeper . To many, a Gamekeeper is someone who is an indiscriminate destroyer of wildlife, providing sport for a privileged few. In fact the case of the modern gamekeeper, could be not be further from the truth. Lee grew up with a great knowledge of nature and wildlife and now he living the dream. I have a few pictures to show which Lee as kindly sent me... some do show the outcome of a hunt/cull but I'll post them again with an explanation of the whys and whyfors.
Once again thank you for your visits, as soon as Tom and I can sort it out I'll visit you all again even just so Tom can have a laugh at me typing again.

6 comments:

DeeMom said...

Beautiful

Um what kind of dog ?

Hello Lee ;)

alicesg said...

Very beautiful photos. Hahaha, the second photo has a lookalike "playboy logo" in the background.

Tom said...

AlicesG:
Well Spotted.
It was done for the land owners wife... it is quite a large size when you concider the distance.

Tom said...

Dee:
The dog with Lee is a Black Labrador Retriever a very good all round working dog
More Gundogs here.
http://www.ukgundogs.org/

and the one in the heather is an English Springer Spaniel, a very good gun dog.
http://www.englishspringer.org/

Sharon said...

WOW, what gorgeous views!!

jade parrotts perch said...

hi uncle pete from jade xxx