Monday 11 February 2008

Edale To Crowden


Peter and his friend covered over 20 miles today
Walking From Edale over the 'tops' to Crowden

He phoned me up laughing and excited to be on the way down the aptly named Bleaklow Moor, laughing because of the pictures he took today.

When he arrived back at my house he was thristy and tired, and for once feeling the effects of his walk. He had a quick drink and the camera was out and pluged into the P.C.... it was a case of 'Keep It or Bin It...

He's just walked a good section of the 'Pennine Way' if you've never heard of it thats O.K. try a quick search on Google for loads of info.. infact just Google 'Edale To Crowden' I'm sure that will do just fine. This is a walk I wanted to do long ago but didn't.. now thanks to Pete I can enjoy it through him.

What a view

More Tomorrow

9 comments:

DeeMom said...

WOW

Rose said...

I can't wait for tomorrow after the ones today...love the first and last.

alicesg said...

What a beautiful scenery. Life looked so peaceful. I would like to run away from city life and spend quiet moments in a peaceful life for a change. :)

Neva said...

Pete must be i really great shape....that is a long walk!!!! but awesome pictures....

Tom said...

Just to let you know.. Peter walks everywhere... after this walk he stopped by and had a drink, we downloaded his pictures and then he walked back home.. another few miles. He walks back and forth all the time.. always with his rucksack on. Both he and his dog are as 'Fit as a fiddle'

Anonymous said...

Magnificent views. Nice photos.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos, Pete. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Patty said...

WOW, I can't even begin to imagine walking 20 miles in one day. Even when I was young. You have some beautiful photos.

sam said...

what FABULOUS scenery. The second from the bottom is Breathtaking!!!